A bridge from college to an IT job

Thursday, May 19, 2005

How to plan for Star Wars: Episode III at 12:00am

How do you plan for a Star Wars premiere? The same
way you're going to get a great IT job. Friends,
contacts, and aquantances. In otherwords, you're
going to cut in line. What?! It's wrong?! I
shouldn't do it? I shouldn't? Reeeealy?

My girlfriend happend to have found some of her die
hard Starwars fans at the premiere of Starwars. They
were at the movie theatre around 4 or 5 in the
evening. Why spend 8 hours of your day waiting in
line for a movie? Why? Especially when its out on DVD
in a couple of months. When you could watch it in any
theatre in a couple of weeks in a comformatable chair,
with popcorn that you didnt have to fight for. The
lines at the theatre were hella long. It took fourty
five minutes to get to the front. Lauren was fumeing.
She was pissed. She almost told off the cashier, but
she didn't because she knew that I would get
embarrased. I kinda told her not to until we left
because we'd get special sauce (SPIT) in our hot dogs
or popcorn. At any rate, these people work hard and
don't get paid much, I say leave them alone.

The theatre we went to was crawling with people. Full
to the brim. They let people in twenty at a time to
go get seats in any of twelve theatres. This seemed
kind of fair, but some of the theatres were already
full. I think there should have beeen a little more
organization. But I guess thats all they could do.
At least AMC had the hotdogs on sale for one dollar.
Lauren always seems to want one of those expensive hot
dogs. Are thy really that good? Three fifty (regular
price)? What a rip off.

The movie in and of itself was okay I guess. It was
great. It was better than most movies. But, I think
that movies just dont do it for me. I ask myself waht
does? What does it for me? What does it for you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home