A bridge from college to an IT job

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Acknowledge and recognize those who have inspired and loved us

ON RECOGNITION:

"Acknowledge and recognize those who have inspired and loved us." - Jen
Please visit http://ontheporchswing.blogspot.com/

Its feels so good to acknowledge and recognize what someone else feels. To the receiver it also feels so good. Its the medicine of humanity, why do you think we have awards?

ON AWARDS:

Funny human invention isn't it? AWARDS! Unfortunately, like many things, its funny how things get warped as they get filtered through our pop culture. At one time, an award ment something. It was recognition that was given to someone publicly so that everyone could know that this person did something outstanding. They went above and beyond. It wasn't something that was just given away as a ritual. It was something that a person really deserved.

ON VALIDATION:

I'm not saying we shouldn't give awards! I'm saying that we should validate the actions others take personally. Not using a piece of paper... I think if you tell someone, "I love you". You look into their eyes when you do it. When you tell someone, "I'm so jealous that you have the ability to perform so well." You look into their eyes. THAT feels good. THAT needs to be done. THAT is part of living a happy life!

1 Comments:

At Tue Aug 02, 05:03:00 PM 2005, Blogger Jen said...

I couldn't agree more! I am ALL for recognition. I feel that we should recognize all people who have inspired us or worked especially hard on something. In business (and in life, I believe) without recognition and rewards, we decrease the morale and the "value" of human resource.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home